The below information is subject to change as we continue to track this situation and receive guidance from state and local health authorities, the CDC and WHO, and we will provide regular and timely updates to help the community best prepare for Natural Products Expo East (NPEE).
Enhanced Cleaning & Hygiene
- All cleaning practices have been thoroughly enhanced to ensure we are exceeding standards for disinfecting and hygiene with an increased focus on key touchpoints including high-traffic areas, handles and rails, restrooms, food and beverage areas, information desks and conference and meeting rooms.
- NPEE will be deploying electrostatic disinfection systems on a regular basis to sanitize the show floor and Show Management Service Areas such as Registration, Sales, Show Office and Information Desks.
- All of the venue’s high contact surfaces will be disinfected continuously throughout the day. Hand sanitizer and hand washing stations will be conveniently placed throughout the facility.
- Thank you to Dr. Bronner’s for being the Official Natural Hand Sanitizer and supplying Natural Products Expo East with a safe option containing organic ingredients throughout the Pennsylvania Convention Center in 2021.
- All chemicals are regularly reviewed and renewed to ensure they are of highest quality in fighting against viruses while maintaining a HACCP compliant food safe environment.
- The collection and removal of waste will be increased, and receptacles will be continuously disinfected throughout the show. There will also be an increased number of waste management attendants throughout the campus area.
- The show floor aisle carpet will be removed entirely to maintain more effective aisle cleaning throughout the day.
- Exhibitor booth cleaning services will be available in the Exhibitor Services Kit (ESK) and will include top to bottom sanitization of booths.
- Exhibitors will adhere to a new set of sampling regulations which will be enforced by Show Management and the Philadelphia Department of Health.
Physical Distancing Guidelines
- NPEE will apply crowd density standards, in accordance with local and state authorities’ guidance, to control the density of the show floor and community gathering spaces and allow for appropriate physical distancing.
- Ambassadors will be deployed throughout the event to monitor flow of traffic and mitigate key density points to support physical distancing.
- Chairs will be distanced in conference sessions with reduced capacities for all rooms.
- Through new technology measures, NPEE will minimize contact and lines during the onsite registration and badge pick-up process.
- All aspects of the event, including floor plans and aisle widths, room capacities, service providers and their practices, conference scheduling and special events and receptions will be reviewed to ensure that we are providing the highest level of safety and comfort for our community.
- Food and beverage services will be modified to minimize contact and restrict any self-servicing.
- NPEE will continue to implement and enforce the registration qualification process to maximize interactions with the highest quality of attendees while maintaining crowd density standards.
Personal Protective Measures
- Attendees and exhibitors may be required to wear masks while inside the convention center. As we continue to monitor the current health crisis and follow local regulations, we will post more specific details around this guidance. Masks will be available for those who do not have their own.
- There will be an increased number of First Aid stations and first responders throughout the event. These efforts will continue to be in coordination with local authorities and medical personnel.
- Limited Contact Registration
- All registration counters will be equipped with plexiglass shields.
- NPEE will be working with our registration provider to ensure registration does not require direct contact with a NPEE representative.
- We encourage everyone to register online prior to the event to ensure the onsite experience is streamlined.
The Philadelphia Department of Health and the Natural Products Expo team have worked together in a strategic, proactive approach to identify any potential risks in regards to sampling preparation. These regulations and expectations will be featured in the Exhibitor Services Kit (ESK) and enforced onsite through Public Health Department agents. It is the responsibility of all of us to deliver the healthiest and safest event for everyone.
Additionally, if an exhibitor is conducting sampling in their booth, they are required to perform the following:
- All exhibitors must have a Hand Washing Kit in their booth.
- Sneeze guards and/or plastic food coverings are required to protect open products.
- Face masks, hair net, gloves and utensils are required when handling samples.