New Hope Network is proud to continue our Sustainability Program at Natural Products Expo East 2018. We recognize our trade show has an impact on the environment. Through our Sustainability Program, we are striving to identify, understand, and address these impacts to achieve continual improvement year after year. Our areas of focus continue to be: waste management, energy and water conservation, sustainable procurement, and community engagement.
Program and Efforts
- A partnership with South Pole Group to offset our energy consumption at the event venue.
- Continued partnership with GES to procure more sustainable products for the conference, including recyclable signage, reuse of banners, and carpet with recycled content that is recyclable at the end of its usable life
- Development of Sustainable Exhibitor Guidelines for all exhibitors
- Condiments and beverages provided in bulk rather than individual servings
- Plastic single use water bottles have been eliminated
- Compost monitors or back of house sorting provided to ensure a clean recycling and compost stream
- Creation of the Travel Green, Save Green program to incentivize attendees to utilize public transportation to/from the show
- Electric cars and hotel shuttles provide group transportation to and from the event
- Working towards a Zero Waste Breakfast
- A Sustainable Exhibitor survey and program that provides exposure to companies with green practices
- A brand new sustainability kiosk highlighting our efforts
Find out how you can show your commitment to the environment at Expo East 2018! Click which category describes you best:
As we begin this journey, we invite you… our attendees, exhibitors, and suppliers, to partner with us along the way. We believe that working together; we can not only minimize our environmental impact, but also leave a positive legacy in our host city of Baltimore and be leaders in our industry.
Partner Greening Efforts
- Baltimore Convention Center - sustainable Environmental Design certified to the ASTM/APEX Sustainable Venue standard
- VISIT Baltimore - certified to the ASTM/APEX Sustainable Destination standard, developed Mr. Trash Wheel to clean the harbor
- GES - certified to the ISO 20121 and ASTM/APEX Level 2 Exhibitor Services standard
- Sheraton - recycling of partially used amenities through Clean The World, Electric car charging and “Make a Green Choice” program
- Hilton - recycling of partially used amenities through Clean The World, responsible food sourcing and water use reduction are just a few of the many initiatives Hilton utilizes
- Centerplate - participates in back of house composting for all event food waste
What can be recycled at the Baltimore Convention Center?
The BCC offers a single stream recycling program which accepts the following: plastics 1-6, glass, aluminum, cardboard, and paper products.
Are compostable materials accepted at the Baltimore Convention Center?
Yes, the BCC collects compostable materials including: food waste (bones and protiens included), compostable serviceware, and paper towels.
As an exhibitor, how do I participate in the donation program at the end of the show?
There is a form in your ESK that goes over the guidelines and acceptable materials. You may also ask the GES Servicenter representative or your show floor manager.
How do I become a Sustainable Exhibitor?
Check out our Sustainable Exhibitor page for more details on what the program looks like and to fill out the survey to participate.
Can I have compost and/or recycling service in my booth?
We are currently looking into options to offer compost and/or recycling service in booths. Check back or contact New Hope for more information.
Can I offset the impact of my travel to NPEE?
Yes, there are many ways you can contribute to offset your impact. South Pole Group will have an app onsite to calculate your impact with the ability to offset!
What sustainable/alternative transportation options are at NPEE?
Try out the Baltimore Bike Share, share a Lyft or Uber with fellow Expo goers, Catch Your Spark electric cars and hotel shuttles can provide group transportation or walk to and from your hotel!
What is the Travel Green, Save Green Program?
An incentive program to encourage Qualified Retailers, Distributors (Brokers and Importers/Exporters) and Healthcare Practitioners to travel to the Expo via a more sustainable method than flying. Go to our Travel Green, Save Green section to learn more about the opportunity.
Who can I talk with to learn more about the New Hope Sustainability Program?
If you questions, comments or concerns about the New Hope Sustainability Program email us at email@example.com.
Do you have thoughts, questions or suggestions about our sustainability program? If so, we’d love to hear!
Please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 Sustainability Summary
Click here to view the 2017 Expo East Sustainability Summary.
2016 Sustainability Summary
Click here to view the 2016 Expo East Sustainability Summary.