SAN DIEGO, CA. (September 14, 2017) – ARCTIC ZERO®, the pioneer of Fit Frozen Desserts®, will feature the latest additions to its product line at the Natural Products Expo East trade show (Booth #1557) from September 14-16 at the Baltimore Convention Center.
Attendees at Expo East will be able to sample the latest flavors introduced by ARCTIC ZERO, including ARCTIC ZERO Cherry Chocolate Chunk, Peanut Butter Swirl and Rocky Road Trip Chunky Pints and Cake Batter bars. Made with premium ingredients, the new flavors are crafted to satisfy the sweet tooth of all who love frozen desserts – including those with dietary restrictions.
“Our new chunky pint flavors and new bar capture some of dessert lovers’ all-time favorite flavors, in a low-calorie treat that anyone can enjoy. ARCTIC ZERO creates creamy, delicious desserts that allow you to indulge and maintain your commitment to your health,” said Amit Pandhi, CEO of ARCTIC ZERO. The new flavors include:
- Cherry Chocolate Chunk – The first ever ARCTIC ZERO chunky pint to combine fruit and chocolate flavors, Cherry Chocolate Chunk features ripe cherries, and chunks of organic chocolate in a cherry-swirled vanilla ARCTIC ZERO base.
- Peanut Butter Swirl – Peanut butter aficionados can celebrate with ARCTIC ZERO’s new Peanut Butter Swirl pint, which combines vanilla ARCTIC ZERO with layers of creamy peanut butter and crunchy white chocolate chips.
- Rocky Road Trip – “Rocky Road” consistently ranks as one of America’s top ten favorite ice cream flavors. ARCTIC ZERO’s Rocky Road Trip packs all the traditional chocolate flavor – and chunks of gelatin-free marshmallows and toasted almonds – of Rocky Road, but without the potholes of excess calories and fat.
- Cake Batter Bar – Like ARCTIC ZERO’s other dipped bars, the Cake Batter bar features a creamy base enrobed in a sweet coating. Inspired by the classic Red Velvet cake, these bars are covered in Red Velvet coating and have a distinctive pink/red hue and a Cake Batter ARCTIC ZERO center.
ARCTIC ZERO is made with hormone-free whey protein, is low in calories, lactose free, and low sugar – and the new flavors are also gluten free – making it a popular dessert option for those who are lactose intolerant, diabetic, gluten-intolerant or who are focused on staying fit and maintaining a healthy diet.
Each of ARCTIC ZERO’s new Chunky Pints contain 10-12 grams of protein, 12 grams of fiber and only 300 calories per pint (75 calories per serving). Portioned, individually wrapped bars are convenient grab-and-go treats featuring 3 grams of protein, 2 grams of fiber, and only 80 calories each.
According to a new national survey* conducted by an independent research firm for ARCTIC ZERO®, while 99% of people like ice cream, more than half of Americans say they do not eat ice cream or limit their consumption due to “health” concerns. That includes those who feel ice cream isn’t a healthy choice (22%), those who are trying to lose weight or stay fit (17%), and the increasingly significant percentage of Americans who say they are managing dietary restrictions (16%).
When measured against data gathered in June 2016, the number of Americans reporting dietary restrictions increased by six percent. Among the other findings of the survey:
- One in ten of those who don’t shop the ice cream section avoid it because they or a family member has a dietary restriction, including: low sugar diets due to diabetes or other reasons (50%), lactose sensitivity or intolerance (46%), gluten sensitivity or intolerance (44%), Kosher diets (39%), and GMO-free diets (38%).
- 48% percent of survey respondents believe a frozen dessert sweetened with organic cane sugar and monk fruit is healthier for them versus only 20% who feel that ice creams containing sugar alcohols are better for them. Sugar alcohols such as erythritol have been known to cause gastrointestinal cramping for some, and studies examining its potential effect on metabolism and weight gain are underway by leading health researchers.
“We are obsessed with finding the right ingredients to deliver outstanding taste, while delivering on our commitment to a ‘clean’ indulgence. To us, that means using only GMO-free ingredients and natural sweeteners; never using any sugar alcohols, which often are derived from GMO corn,” said Pandhi.
ARCTIC ZERO is available for a suggested retail price of $4 to $5 at natural and traditional grocers nationwide, including Albertsons, Kroger, Publix, Safeway, Sprouts Farmers Market, Target, Walmart and Whole Foods Market, as well as online at Amazon.com and arcticzero.com.
About ARCTIC ZERO
Founded in 2010 and headquartered in San Diego, ARCTIC ZERO is the pioneer of Fit Frozen Desserts without all the fat and calories. Handcrafted from premium ingredients, ARCTIC ZERO products are low glycemic, lactose free, GMO free and come in many gluten free flavors. They’re the perfect guiltless pleasure for whenever your sweet tooth strikes. ARCTIC ZERO’s 300 calorie Chunky Pints, 150 calorie Creamy Pints and 80 calorie Dipped Bars offer everyone the chance to taste the sweet life with zero guilt, including those looking for a post-workout snack, watching their weight or following a special diet. ARCTIC ZERO is available at more than 17,000 natural and traditional grocers nationwide including Albertsons, Kroger, Publix, Safeway, Sprouts Farmers Market, Target, Walmart and Whole Foods Market, as well as online at Amazon.com and arcticzero.com. ARCTIC ZERO was recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s 5000 fastest-growing private companies in for three years in a row, moving up the rankings in 2017. For more information, please visit arcticzero.com or find ARCTIC ZERO on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
* Online survey of 1,000 representative Americans conducted July 10-11, 2017 by third-party research firm, Toluna