Milking the Plant Revolution: How the Dairy Aisle is Changing
- Friday, 09/15/2017: 12:15 PM - 1:30 PM
- Room: Hilton, Holiday Ballroom 1
In this new era of conscientious eating along with changing nutrition and health needs, thoughtful food consumers are seeking more healty, great tasting, plant-based options. Increasingly, plant-based dairy alternatives are lining the fridge at retail; however, with this shift comes additional need for consumer education, political action and an understanding of plant-based nutrition and ingredient innovatoin.
In this session, Michele Simon, Doug Radi, and Cheryl Mitchell will explore topics such as:
- The Dairy Pride Act and its effect on plant-based products and labeling
- How to merchandise plant-based dairy alternatives, especially those that extend beyond the milk category
- Consumer demand for plant-based ingredients and products that offer different nutrition profiles