Attendee Sustainability Guide
Attendee Sustainability Tips
While you are attending Expo East, there are several ways you can reduce your carbon footprint:
- Participate in your hotel’s Linen ReUse Program- Did you know that you can often earn Rewards points for participating? Ask your hotel about their specific awards incentives!
- Take shorter showers to save water and time!
- Use a refillable water bottle and coffee cup throughout the conference
- Take only what you need at food functions
- Return your lanyard at show close to be re-used at Expo West
- Make sure to download the official mobile app (available soon!) instead of using a paper show map onsite
- Ask for a recycling bag for your hotel room if one isn’t in place
- Turn off lights and thermostat when leaving your hotel room
- If exhibiting, be sure to power down your booth at the end of each show day
Air Quality/ CO2 Impact
- Carpool or take public transport to/from the airport and to/from your hotel. Make new friends and contacts while saving CO2!
- Take advantage of the free hotel shuttle (if available)… or even better, walk if possible!
- Offset your travel to/from Expo East
- Choose to eat vegetarian or vegan at least one meal per day OR make the commitment eat meat free ALL WEEK!
- Participate in the Travel Green, Save Green Program
Travel Green, Save Green
Qualified Retailers, Distributors (Brokers and Importers/Exporters) and Healthcare Practitioners attending the show can ride a regional bus or train to the show and Expo East will reimburse you up to $50.
$30 or more
One roundtrip per qualified attendee, no exhibitor reimbursements, valid for regional (originating outside of Baltimore city limits) transportation, limited quantities available per day.